Key Benefits for Manufacturing
- Improved time to machine and faster fixture and tooling design = less downtime on the shop floor
- Train in days and avoid spending the majority of your time relearning complicated software every time you want to use it
- Increased productivity by fixing dirty geometry quickly
- Remove or adjust rounds and chamfers, hole sizes, face offsets, draft angles, and other geometry with no knowledge of how the model was built
- Win more bids by responding to RFPs more quickly and accurately
- Leverage SpaceClaim's strategic partnerships with CAM providers like Surfcam, Espirit, Mastercam, GibbsCAM, MecSoft Corporation, and SigmaTEK to ensure alignment across software solutions
SpaceClaim enables manufacturing engineers and machinists the flexibility to work with any CAD data to edit and prepare models for manufacturing. No other tool is faster to use and does a better job editing geometry, cleaning up corrupt or difficult CAD data, and quickly designing jigs and fixtures. SpaceClaim is the only solution on the market today that helps machinists complete jobs quickly while minimizing downtime on the shop floor.
Benefits for Fixture & Mold Design
- Open data from any CAD system
- Create in-process models and design associated jigs and fixtures
- Focus on getting parts made, not being CAD specialists
- Remove sharp corners and small faces
- Quickly create mid-surface models for mold simulation
- Edit mold geometry directly in the cross section
Having difficulty creating molds in complex CAD systems? Have you ever wanted to edit customer geometry, but it’s too much work to change the models? SpaceClaim makes it easy to work with any CAD data and get the geometry right for mold design, helping you interact with your clients, reduce design times, and produce more parts.
Benefits SheetMetal Manufacturing & Design
- Win more bids - respond to proposals more quickly by flattening a pattern in less time
- Less downtime on the shop floor from editing and repairing models for machining
- Automatically unfold sheet metal parts and create junctions
- View both the bend and unfolded model simultaneously in order to see the effects of changes in both
- Easily create edge and corner reliefs, hems, hinges, punches, countersinks, knockouts, bridges, extrusions, and other forms, leveraging a customized form library
- Leverage bend tables and K factor for unfolding
SpaceClaim enables engineers the flexibility to work with any CAD data to create, edit, and prepare models for high precision sheet metal fabrication. No other tool is easier to use and does a better job editing geometry, cleaning up corrupt or difficult CAD data, and delivering high quality sheet metal functionality. SpaceClaim is the only solution on the market today that helps sheet metal manufacturers complete jobs quickly while minimizing downtime on the shop floor.